Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Concerned Mother

Somethin' happened to me the other day that I wanted to share with you. 
First, a little background on it. A couple of weeks ago, I was at Walmart (shocked huh? A redneck at Walmart, that never happens) and a lady was askin' me about the veggies and  organic products that I was buyin'. She, then, started tellin' me about her son. He is 10 years old, 160lbs, and is begin' to develop some health concerns due to his weight. I told her about losin' 80lbs and the success that I've had with DDP Yoga. I told her how I've been cuttin' out gluten, dairy, and have been focusin' on organic and clean eatin'. Now, I know that I'm not a doctor. I don't even play one on TV and bein' a pharmacy technician, I legally can't give medical advice. I told her this and stressed for her to consult the child's pediatrician first. 
Well, I saw her yesterday and, to be honest, I was a little confused about what she told me. Apparently, she did take her son to his doctor. He was put on a couple of medications and was informed very little about healthy eatin' and exercise. Really, is this what our society has become?!! Instead of givin' your body what it needs, we just drug'm up? That scares meto death. I work with medications every day. I see the side effects and how dangerous they are.


Instead, why don't we inform people on what the should be eatin', especially our children. Now, I'm not gonna get into drug companies and our healthcare system. My mother taught me not to argue about religion, politics, or a women's age. So, I'm goin' to. 
I really wanted to tell her to get a second opinion, but again, by the damn law, I can't. I did give her some tips that I've learned the past nine months on improvin' the type of food that she serves him. Like makin' healthy fruits and veggies more readily available, makin' sure those fruits and veggies are washed thoroughly, and stop eatin' fast (fake) food. 


I really hope she does make the decision to get DDPYoga for her and her family. If she doesn't, I just hope that she will make some changes in the way she thinks about food and get him more active. I really want him to succeed and not become a statistic. 

1 comment:

  1. Great Post Graham! Love that you're spreading the word not only about DDP Yoga, about about eating real food!

    ReplyDelete